Professional Antique Restoration
Luis Restorations has a wide range of high-quality antique restoration services available to clients across New York and Long Island. We specializes in the restoration and refinishing of antiques. So please, do not hesitate to reach out today to learn more about our antique restoration services. The number for our office is 631-218-1384. When you call, we can provide you with a free consultation and estimate.
Our professionally trained antique restoration experts will help bring back the beautiful style and craftsmanship that your treasured possessions once had. Our commitment to superior and courteous customer service allows us to provide you with the highest quality restoration procedures that produce the longest-lasting results. Through our years of experience, our skilled experts have mastered their trade. We have a great passion for the job and can restore any antique to its former glory. Our results will speak for themselves.
When it comes to antique restoration, there is some useful terminology to understand and go over. Different items can be preserved in different fashions and preserving items incorrectly can do irreparable damage. Below are a few key terms to be familiar with:
- Restoration: To bring a piece as close as possible to its original condition. This includes structural and finish repairs.
- Conservation: A detail-oriented process designed to preserve the original finish of an item or material. The goal is to bring the piece back to look as close to its original condition as possible.
- Finish Restoration: This is the process of bringing an existing finish back to life and uses original solvents to do so. The original solvents are used, because they do a better job penetrating and adhering to the new finish as opposed to using a new solvent in the process. This process also involves removing the accumulation of dirt and grime over the years of use. Additional layers of the finish may be applied to bolster the restored finish. This allows for added longevity. The ultimate goal of this process is to keep as much of the original finish as possible, as that keeps the value of the item higher.
- Preservation: This is the process of stopping or slowing the deterioration of the original condition. It typically does not involve any actual restoration. Any damages or issues with the finish are simply left intact, but prevented from any further deterioration. This is most prevalent in museums. A chemical process is used to prevent further oxidation of the wood and metals in most preservation cases.
- Refinishing: This is when a finish is removed and a new finish is applied. During the process of refinishing, a significant portion of the antique value is lost.
- Repair: Typically done with furniture and is when there is a physical structural replacement or reinforcement for the original piece. Add new materials to have the item appear aged. Or antique materials can be applied to improve the appearance of the older piece to preserve as much of the value as possible.
- Stripping:This is the last resort. The process involves removing the finish and patina. And sometimes even the glue of the piece by placing it into a chemical bath. This essentially strips the antique of any value it had. The piece usually has to be completely rebuilt afterward.
Antique Restoration Estimates
The professionals at Luis Restorations have years of experience in the industry and provides people across Long Island and New York with the best restoration services for their money. For more information about our restoration services, then please contact us today. We will get your antiques looking good as new. Give us a call at 631-218-1384. Learn more about our antique restoration services. We will happily answer any questions or concerns you may have regarding our array of restoration services. One phone call can turn your old antique into something fresh and new again. When you call, we can provide you with a free estimate! So please, do not hesitate to reach out today!